Our client, a growing independent kitchen and bathroom company based in North London, is introducing a new General Manager role to assist with the expansion of the business.
Working closely with the Managing Director, you will develop the strategic plan and lead, manage and develop the Sales, Design, Warehouse & Delivery and Office teams to implement the strategy and meet business objectives. You will be tasked with improving the Company’s systems and processes and playing a pivotal role in scaling the growth of operations.
You will need to be a strong people manager (initially directly managing a team of 4) with vision on how to plan and implement change. Previous experience in the KBB or similar retail industry is essential.
Hours of work: Monday – Friday, 8am – 5.30pm
Salary: £40,000-£46,000 per annum, depending on experience
General Manager main duties:
- Lead in the development of the Company’s strategic plan and the short and long-term advancement of the team
- Communicate, implement and monitor operational plans, programs and projects to meet Company objectives
- Establish a clear structure for all departments, including responsibilities and accountability of team members
- Clearly communicate individual KPIs and monitor and appraise the performance of the team and team members consistently through regular reviews
- Identify training needs for the team and provide support, coaching and training where required
- Review, improve and monitor Company procedures and processes to ensure client satisfaction, effectiveness and efficiency
- Create and continuously update Company policies and guidelines to form an Operations Manual
- Ensure all health and safety legislation is adhered to and policies and practices are adopted through training and coaching
- Support with the Company’s performance management, disciplinary and grievance processes, conducting investigations and disciplinary meetings as required
- Ensure effective internal communications throughout the Company
- Manage all resources to ensure objectives are met within the agreed budget
- Identify potential recruitment requirements and support in the selection of new candidates
- Provide monthly information to enable the creation of financial results and forecasts
Requirements for the General Manager position:
- Retail management experience, ideally from the KBB, furniture or white goods industry, with responsibility for more than one department
- Highly experienced in people management with proven ability to lead, inspire and manage a team to drive performance
- Previous strategic planning involvement with excellent business acumen
- Valid driving licence with no more than 3 points desirable but not essential
- Ability to independently set clear priorities, with very strong organisational and decision-making skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience of setting up new systems and processes to improve service delivery and efficiencies
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time-management skills
- A good understanding of employment legislation, HR & H&S procedures
- Possess the knowledge and ability to work within an equal opportunity framework and develop an awareness within the staff team of anti-discrimination practice
If this job sounds of interest and you have the skills and experience described above, please forward your CV and a cover letter explaining why you feel you are suitable for this position. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you have not had a response within 14 days we regret that your application has been unsuccessful.